Monday, February 26, 2007

I'm Just Happy to be Here!


Like it or not, Oscar is the gold standard of the motion picture arts. And like it or not, there will always be the perennial fashion parade, canned speeches and corny jokes but, last night's Oscar awards ceremony seemed just a little hohum. The jokes were too tame and politely unoffensive, fashions were a little too safe and there were way too many nominees that were just happy to be there.

I dozed off three times, but here's what I didn't miss:



Nicole Kidman in Balenciaga (what was she thinking?)



Kate Winslette's (Little Children) in Valentino, Jennifer Lopez in Marchesa


Helen Mirrin (The Queen) looking absolutely exquisite and every bit the Queen in her 50s in a golden Christian Lacoroix dress.



Gweneth Paltrow in Zac Posen. Beautiful dress. Some may hate me for this but, I think it would have looked better on someone else.



Penelope Cruz (Volver) in Versace, Cate Blanchette (Notes on a Scandal) in Georgio Armani Prive'



I've read that Cameron Diaz was considered one of the best dressed last night, but it looked more like prom night than Oscar night.




Beyonce' (Dream Girls) in Armani Prive'

No comments: